Red Squirrel at the British Wildlife Centre

| |
My wife bought me a photographic day out at a conservation centre in Surrey, called the British Wildlife Centre.  I wasn’t sure what to expect as I hate to see animals in cages.  However I had a great day out with the opportunity to photograph a variety of different British animals up close and personal.  The centre has its own breeding program and releases many animals back into the wild. 
I’ve only ever seen red squirrels in documentaries and photographs before, so was excited to get started and visit them in their pen.  The enclosure is shared with some Muntjac deer so it’s quite a large area; they live in the canopy of the trees whilst the deer are obviously down below.

Below is a small collection of images from the shoot.


Please like our Facebook page